Friday, July 9, 2010

Nathan Hutchinson
English 102
Laura Darrow
7-09-10

Hi my name is Nathan Hutchinson and I am currently a student in english 102 at Yavapai college. I have to admit I have found this course to be rather challenging. I have never been a very efficient reader and I am more than aware of this fact. When it comes to interpretation weather it be poetry or short stories, I feel like this is a talent that I have absolutely no business doing. I feel lost, like maybe I am totally missing the point. Perhaps I am trying to read to deep into stories or maybe not deep enough. This has been the biggest challenge for me during this course. In the past I guess I just read the words, never gave much thought to it. I believe this class has made me a more conscious reader.
I have had the opportunity to explore reading material that I would not have normally read. The poetry section I found to be very interesting. I have always had a love hate relationship with poetry. This course has been a real eye opener and given me some new in site to different styles I would have other wise never been introduced to.
I don’t really have any goals for the rest of the semester other than to keep learning. This course is so much different that 101, I am really shocked. The course caught me off guard, it really has shown me a totally different side of writing. I have found new understanding which in the past never knew existed. I know that this sounds naive, but like I said earlier, I haven’t spent much time with reading or writing.
thanks for you time.

No comments:

Post a Comment